- Water Treatment Systems
- Well Pumps
- Well Pressure Tanks
- Water Treatment Supplies
- Air Purification
- Contact Us
Radon in CT Well Water
Quick Facts About Radon
1. Radon is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas
2. It can be found in your water and air
3. It’s linked to lung cancer and stomach cancer
4. The CT Department of Public Health guideline for radon in water is 5,000 pCi/L
SOLVE YOUR RADON PROBLEM WITH A Carbon System
Frequently Asked Questions about Radon
What is Radon?
- Radon is a radioactive gas found naturally in rocks and soil
- It has no odor, color, smell or taste to it
- The only way to know it’s there is to test for it
How does Radon get into my well water?
- The radon gas dissolves into your water.
- As you use your water to shower, for example, the gas is then released into the air.
- For every 10,000 pCi/L of radon in your water, one pCi/L is added to your air
Is Radon a health concern?
Per the CT Department of Public Health:
- Radon is the leading cause of lung cancer in non-smokers
- If you smoke, the risk for lung cancer increases dramatically
- There’s a small risk of stomach cancer if you drink water with radon
How do I treat Radon?
- Depending on the level, either with a Carbon System, which we install, or an Bubble-Up System which we recommend a Radon Mitigation company to install.