Blue-Green Stains – That’s Acidic Water
Acid water is corrosive to your pipes and causes:
- Blue green stains
- Metallic tasting water
- Elevated levels of copper and lead
- Leaks in your copper plumbing
Acidic water means a low pH BELOW 7.0
Alkaline water means a high pH ABOVE 7.0
The State of CT Dept of Public Health recommends a pH between 6.4 and 10 units
IT’S EASY TO SOLVE. You need an Acid Neutralizer
Frequently Asked Questions about Acidic Water:
Do I really need to treat low pH water?
- Absolutely. Once you see blue-green stains, the damage to your pipes has begun
- You will eventually get leaks in your copper plumbing
- You CAN’T undo the damage- but you can prevent further damage
What do the pH numbers mean?
- pH is measured on a scale from 0 to 14
- A pH of 7 is Neutral
- pH is measured on a logarithmic scale
- There is a huge difference between a Neutral 7 and an Acidic 6
- Think of a pH of 7 as you just ate one hamburger and you are perfectly full
- A pH of 6.0 would be like eating 10 more hamburgers
- A pH of 5.0 is like eating 100 more hamburgers. There is a BIG difference!
Does a low pH add copper and lead to my water?
- Yes, it can.
- Acidic water can leach copper and lead from your pipes, solder and fixtures
How do I treat acidic water?
- You call H2O, of course!
- We install a Water Neutralizer to “neutralize” the acidic water
SEE OUR ACID NEUTRALIZER OPTIONS OR CALL US NOW AT 800-905-0110
Check out this interesting pH scale below:
Why use H2O Equipment Co to solve your acidic problem? Because we have the most experienced technicians in Connecticut.