Radon Systems in CT
We recommend an Activated Carbon System for radon levels below 10,000 pCi/L
Benefits of a Radon System
- Removes cancer causing radon from your water
- Does not add any chemicals to your water
- Treats your entire home
Frequently Asked Questions about Radon Systems
Do I really need a radon system?
- The CT Department of Public Health states that radon is the leading cause of lung cancer in non-smokers and sets an action guideline of 5,000 pCi/L.
How does the radon system work?
- For radon levels under 10,000 pCi/L, the treatment recommendation is activated carbon. The carbon tanks need to be re-bed once a year.
- For radon levels over 10,000 pCi/L, the treatment recommendation is an air bubbler. The air bubbler releases the harmful radon gas from your water and directs it safely outside through a vent pipe. The system installed for this is called a Bubble Up System. Contact a Radon Mitigation Company for more details.
H2O Equipment Company specializes in treating Radon in water for levels under 10,000 pCi/L.
Call us today to remove radon from your water!