Water Testing in CT
H2O Equipment Company offers many water quality water testing options, including a FREE water test and many other parameters that can be tested by a certified laboratory.
Our Free In-Home Water Test Includes:
- pH (acidic)
- Total Dissolved Solids
- Hydrogen Sulfide
Our Residential Water Consultant will:
- Come to your home and test your water
- Evaluate your existing equipment
- Immediately review the results with you
- Offer solutions that fit within your budget
Or, Come to our Office at 25 West High Street!
Bring a 10 to 18 ounce bottle of cold tap water into our office and we can test it for pH (acidity), iron, hardness, manganese, total dissolved solids.
Concerned about the safety of your drinking water?
We recommend the following water tests in Connecticut for a fee. These would be tested by a certified laboratory. We can pull the sample for you, or you can pull the sample yourself and drop it off at our office:
Drinking Water/Potability Analysis – Great to do when you are buying an existing home or just checking your own well water. This includes:
- Nitrite as N
- Nitrate as N
- Coliform bacteria
Radon in Well Water:
- Radon is a odorless, colorless and tasteless gas that has been linked to lung cancer
- It has been getting lots of attention
- We will collect a water sample from your home and deliver it to a specialized lab for radon testing
- Home buyers and sellers who are concerned about Radon can check out this guide: www.epa.gov/radon
Water Test for a New Well – In addition to a Drinking Water Analysis as outlined above, some towns require you also test your water additionally for:
- Volatile Organic Compounds
Call your local building department or town sanitarium to see what they require. We will take the sample at your home or business and deliver it to the proper lab or testing site.
If you have children, you should include additional tests like fluoride and lead.
For more information about Drinking Water, view this guide published by the CT Dept of Public Health. www.epa.gov/region01/eco/drinkwater
There are many more water tests we can perform.
Call us with your specific concerns and we will guide you in the right direction.