Water Softener Systems
Softeners are designed to remove hardness, iron, and manganese. As water passes through a bed of specially designed cation exchange resin beads inside the tank, the negatively charged resin attracts positively charged ions – the calcium (hardness), iron, and manganese elements. Once the resin reaches full capacity, the valve at the top will start a regeneration (cleaning) process using a salt and water solution from the brine tank. Then the process starts again.
See the diagram to the right for a visual.
Water Softener Features
Featuring the Hellenbrand ProMate 6 High Backwash Digital Water Softener:
- Technologically advanced digital valve
- Digital valve is user friendly and efficient
- Built to handle tough iron problems
- Superior design, with a Vortech distributor
- Uses less salt than outdated systems
- Battery backup for power outages
- Premium resin for longer resin life
- Uses less than $2 of electricity per year
- Programmed for your specific water problems
Benefits of a Water Softener
- Treats for iron, hard water, and manganese
- Eliminate rusty orange stains and rings in sinks, tubs, toilets and showers
- Soft water
- Softer skin and more manageable hair
- Soaps and shampoos can last 25% longer
- Increases water heater efficiency up to 29%
- Extends the life of plumbing, dishwashers, water heaters, and washing machines
- Enjoy whiter whites and softer laundry
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do residents need a Water Softener in Connecticut?
- Connecticut well water can be very high in iron and hard water. Iron is especially found in towns like East Hampton CT, Colchester CT, and Marlborough CT.
- High iron can be difficult to treat. That is why we have found the latest technology for High Backwashing Water Softeners to be the best option.
Can I use Salt or Potassium Chloride (KCL) for my Water Softener?
- Your water softener can use either salt or potassium chloride or a combination of both. If you are on a low-sodium diet, it’s better to use KCL. Salt will add sodium to your drinking water. Potassium Chloride will add potassium to your water.
Call us TODAY for a FREE water test and evaluation by our CT residential water softener treatment consultant.
H2O services many towns in Connecticut, including Marlborough CT, Glastonbury CT, Hebron CT, Tolland CT, and Bolton CT. We want to be your water company!
Click to learn more about: