It is COLD. Freezing actually. This can create headaches for homeowners because your pipes can freeze, and so can your drain line for your water treatment equipment.
What to Look For:
- Poor water quality
- Extra water in your brine tank
- No water or water pressure loss
What to Do:
If you have confirmed your pipes/drainline is frozen, here are a few tips:
- Put a space heater in the basement – recently our customer with no water did this and had water back within an hour!
- Buy heat tape from a local hardware store –wrap your drain line in heat tape to help it thaw
- Grab a hair dryer– believe it or not, this works if you have an extension cord long enough! We typically use a blow torch to thaw out the drainline.